"Wherefore, go to, and call servants, that we may labor diligently with our might in the vineyard, that we may prepare the way...and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit... And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them." -- Jacob 5: 61 & 71-72

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I'll Silla When I Silla


Hola, mi familia!

Goodness, it feels like every week I have fewer and fewer exciting things to tell you about; as we sink further into a routine, all the days just kind of blur together. (Which is alright; that only makes the days pass a little more quickly and bring us even closer to Chile. CCM Humpday tomorrow!) Speaking of routine--and to answer Mom's question about my schedule--here is what a typical week day in the CCM looks like:

6:30--We all jump out of bed, say our prayers, and get ready speedy quick
7:00--Addition Study Time (Hna. Coray and I usually study ELdM...Aaaand I'm on page 36! 3 pages per half hour now, which is so exciting. 3X as fast as I was when I started.)
7:30--Breakfast
8:00--Personal Study Time (we study and prepare personally for whatever lesson we'll teach that day.)
9:00--Progressing Investigator (we teach once a day, either in the morning or the afternoon. If we aren't teaching here, we prep our lesson for later in the day.)
10:00--Language (we learn and practice a new grammar concept)
11:00--Coaching (Hnas Vargas and Vidrio help us learn how to mejorar our teaching)
12:00--Addition Study Time (Libro de Mormon again or lesson prep, usually)
12:30--Lunch (AND MANGOES)

Us with Hnas. Nauta and Franks. Our STLs!
We love them SO much!
1:30--Gym Time (I almost always run 6 miles on the elliptical, every day. 400 calories. Bam. Also, we use this time to memorize scriptures in Spanish or learn vocab words.)
2:30--We get cleaned up and ready to go back to class with our afternoon teacher
3:00--Language
4:00--Progressing Investigator (if we taught in the morning and don't teach here, we prep our lesson for the next day)
5:00--Coaching
6:00--Dinner
6:45--TALL (BYU-produced language learning software on the computer)
7:45--Language Study (I try to do 15 pages in my grammar workbook per day and then study El Libro de Mormon the rest of the time)
9:00--Daily Planning Session (when we finish planning the next day, we study ELdM until district prayer)
9:30--Personal Time (we shower, get ready for bed, write in our journals, and pray personally and as companionships)
10:30--Lights out! (We're usually so exhausted mentally that we fall right asleep)

So...there ya have it! Now pretty much whenever you think of me, you'll know exactly what I'm doing!:)

Hna. Diaz and I were accidentally matching!
Our latinas left us this weekend--Sunday night, we hugged Hnas Diaz and Castillo goodbye, exchanged contact information, and they taught us some last minute español. We sure will miss them! Speaking of Spanish, ours is coming along! As Hna. Coray would say, "De todos de los dias, mi español mejora." So far, we've memorized El Primero Visión, the first four Articles of Faith, and Santiago 1:5. 

The thing I love most about Mexico is that it rains every single night like clockworks--starts during dinner and lasts until after we go to bed. I LOVE IT. Thunderstorms never fail to remind me of being at home and sitting out on the front porch watching the lightning with Dad. The other day, I was having a particularly hard time, but Heavenly Father sent us a huge tender mercy...my first lightning storm! No rain, just thunder and lightning. I could have cried for joy. That sounds silly, but I know for a fact that Heavenly Father is watching over each and every one of us and continuously sends tiny little blessings to help us muster up the strength to continue in His service. 


My district at the Mexico City Temple Visitors' Center


The Mexico City Temple is INCREDIBLE.

We had the opportunity to visit the Mexico City Temple visitor's center this morning! It was INCREDIBLE. I just want you all to know that I KNOW, without a doubt, that families can be together forever. This gospel is so beautiful in so many ways, but for me, that is the most beautiful message of all. It breaks my heart that so many in this world don't know that through this gospel and the covenants we make in the temple, our families truly can be together forever. As we learned about eternal families in the visitor's center, the Spirit confirmed to my heart that this beautiful truth is yet another reason why missionary work is so important. I love you so much, and I am SO grateful that not only can I be with you FOREVER, but also that I get the opportunity to spend the next year and a half teaching people that they can be with their families forever as well. Never forget how much I love you!

Hnas Wortley and Johnson.
They're pretty much our best friends here.


With Hnas Wortley and Johnson and Hnas
Hoferitza and Eastman that we love, too. 

Life is good here. I love thunderstorms, I love mangoes, I love my companion, I love my district, and I love being a missionary. I hope each of you will pray this week for an opportunity to share the gospel with someone; I know that Heavenly Father will bless you to be successful in that if you do so and will prompt you to know with whom to share your testimony. I can't wait to get out into the field so that I can begin to do that as well. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Never forget that! You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Todo Mi Amor Para Siempre,
Morgan 

p.s. Just before I run out of time, I want to make sure you guys know that I take pictures of all the emails I get every week, and even if I don't have time to reply a lot or have to skim-read them super fast, I read all of the emails back at my casa later in the afternoon. So always know that even if I run out of time to reply, I'm always reading and re-reading everything you guys send. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! And tell Ave to write me or something. Silly goose. Haha. Give everyone a big hug for me... Man. I miss you all, but I love being here. I'm not homesick, but I sure love my family. I hope you all know that and never forget it.

p.p.s. There are three districts in our zone/branch. We're the oldest! The other two came in the two weeks after we did, though, so not by much. AHHH! Ogden Temple Open House! SO jealous! Please tell me ALL about it! gosh. I wish I could, but I'll be thinking all about it for sure! And I am SO glad that trek went well! That sounds like an incredible experience.

Love and love and love PARA SIEMPRE!

No comments:

Post a Comment