"Wherefore, go to, and call servants, that we may labor diligently with our might in the vineyard, that we may prepare the way...and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit... And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them." -- Jacob 5: 61 & 71-72

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

HOLY SMOKES! I´m in MEXICO!

Hola, mi familia!
Spanish keyboards are weird. Apologies in advance for the typos.

HOLY SMOKES! I’m in MEXICO! What is even going on here?? I can hardly believe it. The CCM campus is beautiful, and there’s a gorgeous view of multicolored houses on the hill that kind of reminds me of Viña, even though I don’t think that’s possible seeing as I haven’t even gotten there yet... Haha. Anyway. 


The luggage made it safely! Don’t worry, I was really worried about that, too... But Miranda and I figured it was worth the risk not to have to lug our carry-ons around all through the Atlanta airport (and they needed volunteers to check their carry-ons because they didn’t think there’d be enough room in the overheads for everyone’s...or something like that). My thoughts are so scattered right now; I’m really sorry if this is terribly confusing and all over the place. I fail at missionary letters, apparently. But yeah, I was praying really hard that all the luggage would make it, and it did. No one’s got lost, and we all made it through Customs successfully, too, so everything’s good there! Thank HEAVENS. Now I don’t have much too worry about anymore...even people stealing my passport and money and stuff. Because this is the CCM. Praise heaven! Haha, I’m not sure what was up with the calling card, but none of us could get the pay phones to work. I’m grateful for sweet, angel airport workers that let us use their cellphones to call our families and let them know we’re safe. The flights were long, and I didn’t get very much sleep, but it’s good to finally be here, and they said that we can go to bed early tonight if we want to. That’ll be great!

My companion is Hermana Coray...and she’s from...well, I can’t remember right now. Oops. But I’ll ask her tonight and let you know. Anyway, she was one of the missionaries flying with our big group of 20, and she’s headed to Viña, too! She wasn’t one of the girls that I clicked with right off the bat, but that’s okay! She seems neat.:) Lots of friends here, though! Hermana Wortley and I have become really good friends (let Em know for me; we even took a picture together and everything! I don’t have my camera cable with me right now, though; I’ll try to send all the pictures next week.), and Hermana Webb (Sacramento, I think), Hermana Stack (Viña) and Hermana Hatch (Viña) are all so wonderful! I won’t get to see any of them much in the MTC, but us Viña missionaries will hopefully see each other often in the field. I’m excited to meet my district tomorrow! 

We’re going to be living in a little house (the sisters get the houses; the elders get the dorms) with five bedrooms and a washer and dryer and everything in it, so I’m really excited about that! I’m going to go with Hna. Coray soon to go unpack and see where we’ll be living the next six weeks! I’ll try to send pictures. That’s really neat about Elder Henderson’s mom! He seems like SUCH a sweetheart. We traveled with such fun elders; they’re all really neat. 

Umm...gosh. I’m pretty much just feeling really overwhelmed right now and don’t really know what to say. Nothing spectacular has happened yet, but I’m excited for tomorrow! I can’t wait to get to work. Apparently the Mexico CCM has been compared to the city of Enoch, so what better place to do that, right? We have to teach an investigator in Spanish in 3 days. Pray for me. I’m gonna need it.

So pretty much, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Big, ginormous hugs and kisses. I’ll be working my tail off for you guys and praying for you every day. I’m so lucky to have such an incredible family! I’m sorry for the absolutely terrible email--apparently it’s a skill that requires practice, just like everything else. In a few weeks, I’ll be crafting good ones for you. In the meantime, I love you, I’ll be praying for you, and I’ll be working as hard as I possibly can! I love this gospel! It’s true! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Sanford

No comments:

Post a Comment