"Wherefore, go to, and call servants, that we may labor diligently with our might in the vineyard, that we may prepare the way...and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit... And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them." -- Jacob 5: 61 & 71-72

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I Came on a Mission to Lose My Stuff and Find Myself

Hola, mi familia!

(I just want to start off really quick by apologizing that I didn't have time to reply to each of your emails last week--I was really devastated by that, but you know...exact obedience and all that. We were one of the two companionships in our district that left after an hour was up last week because blessings are better than more email time. Anyway. This week's email will be shorter than last week's, so I should have time to write back to everyone.:) And Dad, to answer your question about the blog font, you can totally choose a new font if you want to! Please don't worry about going through and changing the font for all the exclamation marks, haha; you can totally just choose a different font! Sorry for not noticing that before I left:))

HAPPY LATE FATHER'S DAY, DAD! I love you so much, and I am so blessed to have such an amazing father who is such an incredible example. Thank you for all you do for our family and for me. I love you! 

So this week was pretty speedy--time is picking up and moving more quickly, thank heavens. Not too much neat stuff happened, though (every day is pretty much the same: eat, study, teach, eat, study, teach, sleep...wash, rinse, repeat), so this week's email will be a little shorter--you're welcome! Here's some of the highlights:

1. So pretty much--torrential downpour that flooded the auditorium last Tuesday night! That was fun! Literally four or five inches of water at the highest point...so crazy. Hna. Coray and I splashed and played in it on the way home, and we learned how to say "Vamos en una adventura." I LOVE Mexican thunderstorms. We get one just about every other night, and I am so thrilled about that.

2. They have mangoes here in the comedor just about every day, so don't worry, but my skin will most likely be yellow by the time I leave here. Favorite fruit, hands down. Speaking of the comedor, the food here is wonderful, so don't worry--I'm eating just fine. Tons of fruit, yummy Mexican food, and the occasional Costco pizza. We're well taken care of.:)

3. Sunday was muy excelente! I love Sundays here in the CCM with all my heart. Our branch's sacrament meeting is entirely in Spanish, and Presidente de Hoyos has me play the piano each week, which is a lot of fun. I also had the opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting this Sunday, too (in Spanish, of course)--I definitely look forward to the day when I don't have to read talks straight off the paper, but that day will come. For now, I'm relying on my Heavenly Father to help me learn as much as possible, and I'm doing my best to be patient.

4. Sister Gill, one of the adorable senior couple missionaries here, asked me to be the CCM choir accompanist for last week and this upcoming Sunday and to play a musical number in the devotional this last Sunday! It was so fun. Hna. Coray had to hold all my pages so that the AC wouldn't blow them away, but it was SUCH a neat opportunity. Our Savior's Love is such a beautiful hymn, and I absolutely love that arrangement of it. We also had the chance to watch a Provo MTC Devotional by Elder Holland on Sunday afternoon, so...'nuff said. He's incredible.

5. Two of the Latina Hermanas that moved into our casa--Hna. Diaz from Mexico and Hna. Castillo from Bolivia--have seriously become two of our best friends here. They are both huggers and cheek-kissers and have the most infectious smiles that always light up my day. They sit with us at almost every meal, come in to see us before bed every night, and help us SO much with our Spanish. I firmly believe that Hna. Diaz and Hna. Castillo are an answer to our daily prayers for the gift of tongues. We love them so much. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for placing incredible people in my life.

6. Other than that...I love love love my district, I love love love my companion, and I love the CCM. It's wonderful here, and I'm learning so much. Hna. Coray and I are currently memorizing The Articles of Faith, and we're working really hard to rely more on the Spirit when we teach and to make EVERYTHING about the investigator. We work so hard, and I have faith that that hard work will pay off. My Spanish is coming, slowly but surely.:)

7. I talked in my sleep in Spanish for the second time the other night. Hna. Howe (one of our roommates) said so--Bam. Nailed it. Haha.

Everything is great here! I'm doing my best to give everything I have to my Savior, and I can feel His love in my life every single day. For that I am so grateful. I love this gospel, I LOVE the Book of Mormon, and I love the chance I have to serve a mission. This truly is the Lord's work, and we are so blessed to be alive at this time so that we can be a part of it. I love you all! Never forget that you are in every SINGLE one of my prayers (and every single one of my companion's prayers, as well); I think about you always and love you so much more than you could possibly know. Hasta proxima semana! I love you!

Sending Todo Mi Amor and Ten Gazillion Hugs from Mexico,
Hermana Sanford

Funny Quote of Last Week:
Hna. Howe: Is it awkward trying to teach someone when you don't know how to speak Spanish?
Hna. Coray: Yeah. Imagine a prison...and then don't change anything.

Funny Quote of The Week:
Me: Hermana Vidrio! Donde esta Hermana Vargas?
Hna. Vidrio: Murió.

Hahaha! We almost died laughing. Hna. Vargas is just on vacation in Utah right now.

P.S. Don't worry about the subject. I don't lose important things. Just my mind. I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment