"Wherefore, go to, and call servants, that we may labor diligently with our might in the vineyard, that we may prepare the way...and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit... And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them." -- Jacob 5: 61 & 71-72

Monday, June 2, 2014

Despedida, Mi Amigos!

Goodness gracious, I never thought this day would actually come. I can hardly believe it, but I am so incredibly excited! I know this gospel is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet. Like Nephi, I do not know all things, but I know God loves His children. I know He loves me. The next eighteen months are going to be the absolute hardest time of my life—and, without a doubt, the hardest thing I’ve ever done—but I’m excited for the opportunity to learn to rely solely on my testimony and my relationship with Heavenly Father when I'm all alone in a foreign place and trying desperately to speak a language I don’t know.  

No matter how hard it gets, I know Heavenly Father loves the Chilean people—His children—and that He wants them to have a fullness His joy, a joy that can only be found in this gospel. I’m so excited to be a laborer in the vineyard and have the opportunity to serve as an extension of my Savior, acting as His hands to bring others to Him. I will work through the rain and the blisters and the fleas, and I will continue to work whether or not I get spit on or robbed or rejected again and again and again. I treasure my testimony, and I will give everything I have to find those souls who have been prepared to receive this gospel and come closer to Christ. I am so excited to give my all to my Savior and allow Him to guide me and mold me into the person He wants me to become.   

It’s a strange sensation, feeling terrified and excited and peaceful all at the same time, but I guess that’s what missionary work is all about! And even though goodbyes are probably my least favorite thing in the whole world, I am so lucky to have been blessed with the opportunity to say goodbye to my family for a short time so that other families never have to.

All my love!  Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment