"Wherefore, go to, and call servants, that we may labor diligently with our might in the vineyard, that we may prepare the way...and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit... And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them." -- Jacob 5: 61 & 71-72

Monday, October 12, 2015

You know that Brian Regan sketch about the dog that barks all to himself the entire night long? It's true.

Victor's baptism, one year ago today
Bishop Gallardo, Victor, Hnas. Eastman and Sanford

But seriously, though. That thing is based in fact.

Today marks the one year anniversary of the baptism of Victor Saez--October 12th, 2014--in Quillota. The very first baptism of my mission, and one of the most special days of my life. I could use a lot of words, but nothing could say it better than a gold-plated letter I received yesterday from a family that changed my life forever. I felt prompted to share it with all of you, so without further ado...

"Hermana Sanford:
How are you? I hope that you are well. You know what? We all miss you a lot; me, my wife, my children... Hopefully one day we can see each other again. We are doing very well; since Lukas and I were baptized, we have had many blessings. Like I told you, Lukas got baptized (in January= I received the Aaronic priesthood, I performed my first baptism, my wife and I received our first callings... Maria is the Visiting Teaching Coordinator, and I am the first counselor in Young Men's. We received our patriarchal blessings en Villa Alemana. It was a marvelous spiritual experience! We cried de emoción; it was very; and after that, we went from the Gospel Principles class to Sunday School.

"I prepared myself to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood... Sunday afternoons reading and studying, and Claudio Aguilera helped me very much; after that I had an interview with Bishop Aguilera, and then with President Palma in the Stake Presidency; it went well. August 30th, they sustained me, and the following Sunday they conferred upon me the Melchizedek Priesthood. ¡Que emoción! My wife, my mother-in-law, and Lukas were all there. There have been so many blessings, Hermana! And now with my wife we are preparing to go to the temple to receive our endowment and be sealed as a family--to continue doing sacred ordinances. This Sunday we have our first Temple Preparation class. We have to keep working for our Heavenly Father with the same energy, love, and dedication. Without a doubt, this is the true gospel--our church is the only church on the face of the earth that is true. The power of the priesthood is divine when it is exercised by worthy people. Thanks to you, Hermana, for all your support, humility, and desire to teach this restored gospel--to leave everything: your country, your family, friends, studies, etc. to help people like me progress and serve the Lord.

"We love you so much.

"PS. Sending greetings and hugs to your family; thank you for the nice Christmas card that they sent us, we saved it.:)

"2 Nephi 28:30.

"Many blessings for you and your family! We love you!

--Familia Saez Muñoz"

Familia Saez Muñoz

Well, if that's not a pay day, I don't know what is. Chile is a land of miracles. This is God's work. We've just gotta keep on keepin' on, and someday we will see the fruits of our efforts.:) I know they will be many, because we have a loving Heavenly Father who wants to give us everything.

By way of other news, Manuel passed his baptism interview this week and is even more excited than ever to get baptized, but he had to go to Santiago for back surgery on Wednesday and will have to wait until he gets home. He told us, though, before he left that the MOMENT he gets back from Santiago, he's gonna call us so that he can be baptized. There is not a single doubt left in his mind. Talk about a miracle.:)

Ovalle is a land of miracles! Keep on keepin' on! We are working in the Viña of the Lord.:)

Love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Manuel, his dad, Hno. Matias, Hnas. Moraga and Sanford

Sunrise over Ovalle

Sunset over Ovalle

October Consejo de Líderes


Training with the ZLs


Report of their monthly stats



Training by Presidente Díaz

Grateful for the leadership of Pte. and Hna. Díaz

No comments:

Post a Comment