"Wherefore, go to, and call servants, that we may labor diligently with our might in the vineyard, that we may prepare the way...and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit... And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them." -- Jacob 5: 61 & 71-72

Monday, October 19, 2015

If Any of You Lack Wisdom...


Let him ask of God.

This week I felt prompted to study in depth the Joseph Smith story. I wanted to learn more about the way to receive spiritual light and knowledge. I thought that desire meant a need to strengthen my testimony of José Smith....but then I realized something beautiful. God is wise. The Spirit hit my heart with great force.

The young boy Joseph is the model...of how to receive spiritual light and knowledge. Of how to receive answers from God. It's not a coincidence that he just so happened to stumble across the one scripture that explains most clear how to receive that light and knowledge from a wise and all-knowing, loving Heavenly Father.

"If any of you lack wisdom," James begins...

If any of you have a question. If any of you have a doubt. If any of you are unsure... If your testimony feels a little weak or your faith in God has shaken... If any of you are drowning in darkness or confusion...

When I was 14, I had a lot of questions. I felt so alone, and my faith in God had been shaken. I didn't know the Church was true...  I didn't feel that He was listening. I felt like I was drowning in a deep sea of darkness and confusion. I couldn't find the light.

There were so many things that I needed to know for myself.

Joseph Smith también had many questions. He didn't know where to turn...he didn't know which church was true. He didn't know which one to join. He was surrounded by spiritual confusion and darkness. He was filled with so many doubts. He needed to know for himself what to do. So what did he do?

"Let him ask of God," counsels James.

My knees hit the floor, and I cried out to my Father. I told Him that I didn't know, I didn't know, I didn't know... I let the tears stream down my face. I was surrounded by confusion and darkness--its weight pressed down on my heart. I asked Him to show me the truth. From the bottom of my abyss, the moment of my greatest need, I cried out to God. I asked Him for light...

"I saw a pillar of light, exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun" testifies the prophet Joseph, as he cried out to God on his knees... Which church should I join?

"The light descended gradually until if fell upon me. 
When the light rested upon me, I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. 
One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other, 'This is my Beloved Son. Hear Him!'"

"Who giveth to all men liberally..."

I felt a light switch flip on in my heart. The stage light came on, and it flooded everything... I understood the truth. I knew it was true. I knew it was all true. I knew He was listening...

"And upbraideth not..."

It's happened various times since then. He always has the patience to answer my questions. He answered so many of Joseph Smith's questions, and He's answered so many of mine. I know the light of the gospel will come as we ask for it.

Go to God with your questions. Go to Him with your doubts. Go to Him with your darkness, and He will fill it with light.

As James so sweetly promised... "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God..."

And I KNOW that it shall be given him.


Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Sanford :)


The view from Ovalle--
it's no wonder she gets homesick for Logan....

Churrascas :) They are SO yummy.... 

Olga, a sweet less active who can't go to church
anymore because she suffers from Parkinson's

Goodbye to Hna. Mariscal, my 2nd trainer,
who transfers home this week

Ovalle District

P-day lunch at KFC :)




Noche de Hogar (FHE) with Familias Jofre and Erices

Hno. Erices and other Limarí branch members


Hna. Erices takes good care of us

Maestra Sanford and Hna. Moraga at
clase de Inglés. #englishmajormissionary








Vineyards in Ovalle


No comments:

Post a Comment