"Wherefore, go to, and call servants, that we may labor diligently with our might in the vineyard, that we may prepare the way...and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit... And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them." -- Jacob 5: 61 & 71-72

Monday, January 26, 2015

Then Cometh the Season and the End


Querida Familia,

This week I had the opportunity to read and really study Jacob 5, and then one morning before personal study, I felt prompted to sit down and write this email. With all the changes that are taking place in the missionary program of the Church, there is an added sense of urgency in this work of salvation that is impossible to miss. My companion and I have talked a lot of it the past few weeks and have been guided by the Spirit to bear testimony of that urgency in quite a few lessons with members and less actives--there is no doubt in my mind. We are getting so close. There is NOT much time. As missionaries, we have been instructed by our leaders to go out in search of the endowed, less-active members. If they are not ready or willing to make changes in their lives and return, we must simply move on and continue searching. There is no time to lose. The Lord is sending out His servants on a search and rescue mission in order to seek out those who have already made sacred temple covenants, and we are to reactivate one family every single month.

We have been moved to tears in pleading with the active members to help us--the less-active members to return--and in bearing testimony of the fact that the Lord truly is gathering His people, the house of Israel, for the last time. I can feel the Spirit testify so unmistakeably that it is true. He is gathering Zion, and we are being called upon to batten down the hatches and get ready for the storm that will soon begin to rage. I know without a doubt that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet, called of God to lead us through that storm. If we faithfully heed and follow his counsel, we will make it--we will arrive safely at our destination. Study and apply his words in your lives. He has been charged with the specific responsibility of leading us back to our Savior.

I feel a sense of urgency pressing upon my heart, and my time here in the mission has begun to fly. The days end before I even realize that they've begun. I feel impressed to plead with each of you--Please. Put your lives in order. Protect your homes by holding daily family scripture study and prayer and weekly family home evening. Pay a full tithe. Go to the temple as often as possible. Find and strengthen a personal testimony and relationship with your Heavenly Father. Learn to receive and apply personal revelation. Ask for priesthood blessings. Read the Book of Mormon daily. Forgive those who may have hurt you, forget past misunderstandings, and return to the church--return to the only place in the world where we can partake of the Sacrament every single Sunday. We are not strong enough to do this on our own; we NEED the strength that we receive when we renew our sacred baptismal covenants. Please--put your lives in order. We will not be able to make it if we are not faithfully keeping ALL of Gods commandments, each of which He has put in place to protect us from the storm that rages outside. And please--do not wait. This is the last time the Lord will prune His vineyard, and "then cometh the season and the end, and my vineyard will I cause to be burned with fire."

I love you all SO much! I know that if we strive daily to live this gospel and keep the commandments as faithfully as possible, we will be blessed and protected. Choose the right, and help those around you to do so as well! Lots of love and big hugs! I love you!

Con Todo Mi Amor,
Hermana Sanford


No comments:

Post a Comment