![]() |
| Illapel Zone |
To be honest with you, I was super excited to write about the Restoration this week... I even wrote the email out and everything this morning to be able to send it off when I got here. But then I opened the text box and started writing...and it just felt wrong. I guess Heavenly Father wants me to share something different with you this beautiful January Monday.
In my study of humility this cambio, I felt prompted to study in depth this week the principle of Repentance. I really have heard that word my entire life, but I don't know that I ever really, truly understood it. So many seminary teachers told us growing up, "You need to repent every day!" which confused me... If I don't lie, cheat, or steal during the day, then why do I need to repent? Heavenly Father knows we're not perfect; He doesn't expect us to repent if we didn't commit any major sins during the last 24 hours. Right?
Wrong.
Repentance is the means in which we realign our will with the will of God. He has commanded us to become perfect, but as imperfect human beings, perfection seems absolutely impossible to attain. Perfection in this life is absolutely impossible to attain. But Heavenly Father will never command us to do something that we cannot do, and for this reason, He sent His Son to earth to provide for us an Atonement--a means through which we can obtain forgiveness when we are not perfect and an aid meant to help us to, little by little, become more perfect.
I learned this week that if we humbly pray for Heavenly Father`s help in recognizing our mistakes, our weaknesses, and the things for which we need to repent, He in His mercy and infinite love will help us to identify them. Then, if we kneel before Him and humbly plead for forgiveness, He will forgive us. I have no doubt of that. He wants to forgive us--He wants us to be worthy to return to His presence. And because He loves us and wants us to be able to return to Him, He commands us to repent. Even more than that, He commands us to repent every day. Truly, the opportunity to do so is an incredible blessing; an opportunity to speak openly with our Father in Heaven and allow Him to help us overcome our weaknesses.
I have so many weaknesses. I am so far from perfect. I want so badly to be a better missionary--to be a better sister, a better daughter, a better friend. I want to be more like my Savior. I have come to realize just how incredibly far I am from perfection...just how MUCH I have to improve...and just how MUCH I must rely on the Atonement every single day of my life in order to become a better missionary--to become a better sister, a better daughter, and a better friend. Our Savior already suffered our sins, and He already paid the price. All He asks is that we humble ourselves before Him and ask His forgiveness and His help in our search for personal progress and improvement.
I have seen His hand working in my life so much this past week, in helping me identify my weakness and helping me to understand just how perfect His plan is for me. My relationship with Him has grown so much stronger as I cry unto Him in prayer and ask for forgiveness for these many weaknesses that I have. I never want to go another day without repenting--I never want to go another day without admitting to Him that I can do nothing without His Atonement. I love my Savior. I am so grateful for all He has done for me and all that He continues to do for me.
I invite each of you to begin, if you haven't already, to form a habit of daily repentance. As we do so, we will learn, little by little, how better rely on the Savior and His Infinite Atonement, and we will feel so much more His love and power in our lives. As we turn to Him in our weakness--in our truly lost and fallen state--He will heal us and make us strong. Let's become strong in Him.:)
I love you all! Have a wonderful week, and keep choosing the right!
Con Todo Mi Amor,
Hermana Sanford
![]() |
| Me with Hna Oliva! |
![]() |
| With Fernando, a 14 yr. old investigator who reminds me SO much of Aves |
![]() |
| Me eating my first Chilean watermelon |
![]() |
| At the farm of a less active member that we visited this week |
![]() |
| An old abandoned house that we found by the side of the road |
![]() |
| BLUEBERRY MUFFINS that a member made and shared with us |
![]() |
| Pastel de Choclo (the first time in Chile; it was SO delicious!) |
![]() |
| Horses in the desert |
![]() |
| Cata and Hna. Jimena |
![]() |
| The beautiful cake that Hna. Jimena made for Sunday dinner |












No comments:
Post a Comment