"Wherefore, go to, and call servants, that we may labor diligently with our might in the vineyard, that we may prepare the way...and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit... And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them." -- Jacob 5: 61 & 71-72

Monday, December 1, 2014

"No bote sus conejos aquí"

Los Vilos is a little city RIGHT next to the ocean. SO beautiful.

¡Hola, Familia!
Some weeks I feel like I have SO much to tell you...and other weeks I feel like I just have nothing to say. This is one of those weeks. Haha. I love you. I'm sorry you have such a boring daughter.:)


We ate churrascos for almuerzo on Thanksgiving; it was fun to be able to celebrate one of my very favorite holidays with comida chilena.:) I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were table to take a moment to count your many blessings! Our Heavenly Father blesses us SO much--I have learned this week that really all He wants to do is bless us; we just have to have faith that He can and that He will. And then, when we have sufficient faith, He will be able to work all the miracles that he wants to work and with which He wants to bless us.:) We really do have SO much to be grateful for.

Almuerzo on Thanksgiving with Hna Morambio!
She's like our mom here in Illapel.
She takes good care of us. :)

I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary! For the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father, to share my testimony of my Savior Jesús Christ, and to see all of the incredible miracles that my Father in Heaven is working in the hearts and lives of His children here in Chile. I am so grateful to have an amazing family, an amazing companion, an amazing mission president, and to be able to meet and get to know even more amazing people every single day. I know that this is the work of the Lord and that if we trust in Him, everything will turn out according to His will and timing. Sometimes it's so hard to be patient and to stand back and let Him teach me--I just want SO badly to be better--but I am doing my best to take it one day at a time, and I am striving to the very best of my abilities to be the leader and example that He wants me to be and to serve His precious missionaries the very best that I can, too.

I hope you all have a wonderful first week of December--remember our Savior at Christmas se acerca más y más, y disfrutar la nieve! It is hot hot hot here.:) Busquen por los milagros esta semana! Sé que los van a encontrar. Les quiero muchísimo, con todo mi corazón! Que estén bien!:) Hasta luego!:)

(Ha. Sometimes it's easier to write in Spanish than English. I never thought this day would arrive. Hna. Farías and I basically never speak English, and it's the best.:))

I LOVE YOU! Have the best week ever!

Con Todo Mi Amor,
Hermana Sanford

PD: This week I watched a drug deal for the very first time in my life. And the selling of stolen goods. But don't worry; Héctor won't rob us because "Yo no robo por aquí. Yo robo por otro lado." Yeah. Sometimes I think people feel a little too comfortable around us. Haha.:)

Quotes of the Week:
Sorry for the Spanish...but some things are simply not as funny in English. Haha.:)

"¡Chau, Hermanas!"
"¿Ellas son tus hermanas?"
"¡No! Son las hermanas de Dios, estúpido."

(Belly, the cutest 5 year old ever, alerted her neighbors that we were "hallo"ing outside their gate.)
"¡Te buscan! ¡Buscan las hijas de Dios!"

(Rubén, a recent convert, didn't come to church yesterday. We found him at his house a few hours later.)
"¡Rubén! ¿Qué día es hoy?"
"¡Ahh verdad! ¡Caí en apostasía!"

Our contract with God

I went to Los Vilos for my very first
intercambio as an Hermana Lider!

Los Vilos

A picture I took during the bus ride back to Illapel.
It's an hour ride through the windiest canyon of my life.
I got so nauseous.

Sometimes we eat EVERYTHING with mayonaise.
Even fried eggs. Yumm.

We made completos for lunch!

Early Christmas present :)

I OPENED THE ADVENT CALENDAR!
Thank you SO much!
We did the very first one this morning,
and it was so neat. I am SO excited. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment