![]() |
| Hermanas Sanford and Mariscal |
On a happier note--my first 18 de Septiembre en Chile! It was so fun. We ate LOTS of asado (barbeque) and empanadas, and the ward party was great! Nancy and Victor participated in the Cueca (I recorded a few videos that I'll try to send), and I took lots of pictures. So yeah. Happy 18th of September, familia!:) (And Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! Love you!)
![]() |
| Empanadas at the ward "18 de Septiembre" party |
![]() |
| With Nancy and Victor in their cueca clothes |
![]() |
| With Hermana Dangella |
I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father knows His children perfectly, and that if we as missionaries are in tune with the Spirit, He will lead us to those who are prepared and searching for the gospel message. To those who aren't sure if your Father in Heaven hears your prayers, let alone answers them, you can be sure that I KNOW that He does. He loves us, and He is always aware of us. That knowledge was confirmed for me again this morning as I began my scripture study with a question--What specifically can I do to develop more spiritual strength?--and I just happened to be reading in Alma 58. When I stumbled across verses 10-11, I couldn't help but smile and offer a prayer of gratitude in my heart . I know our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. We are His children, and He knows and loves us.
Other good news this week! Roger and his 11 year old daughter, Anaí, accepted a fecha! They will be baptized on October 12. We had 8 investigators in church yesterday, which was an absolute miracle (including Nancy and Victor, who fasted this weekend to receive answers that this church is true and who are progressing very rapidly after an incredible lesson that we had with them on Wednesday night), Roger and Anaí among them. They love this gospel and have so much faith. We're so excited for them!
I love this gospel, and I love having the opportunity to be a missionary. Serving a mission is, without a doubt, the hardest thing I've ever done, and I can see more clearly here than anywhere else just how imperfect I am and how MUCH I have to improve, but Heavenly Father has blessed me with so many incredible experiences and helps me every day to become a little more the person He wants me to be. I know that if we let Him, He will do the same for all of us. I love my Father in Heaven and am so grateful for His perfect plan. If we do those three simple things that He asks of us--read our scriptures, pray, and attend church every Sunday--diligently and faithfully, we will receive unimaginable joy and blessings in this life and for the rest of eternity. This I know.
I love you all! Have an absolutely wonderful week, and don't forget to read your scriptures! (Alma 53, 56, 57, and 58 are AWESOME. #striplingwarriorsforthewin) Te quiero!
All My Love,
Hermana Sanford
![]() |
| Almuerzo with Luis and Hermana Coty and her son who just returned from his mission |
![]() |
| Almuerzo with Luis and Hermana Coty |
![]() |
| Hermanas Sanford and Mariscal |











No comments:
Post a Comment